Sunday, September 28, 2008

I am so sick of Red Bull

First of all I would like to preface this by saying i love red bull, I just had too much this weekend. That being said Here is me and Bjorn's weekend.


Friday Morning:

We woke up at six, went to Chris' House, then proceeded to search for mark and Elliot for about an hour. After finding them it was about nine. We finally met at the red bull warehouse, and got our shit straight and left. There was nine of us: Bjorn, myself, Chris Murphy, Derek Olsen, Ray, Scott from REDBULL, Mark Gutterman, Elliot Lindsey, and Evan Estrada. Once assembled, we left right away and drove all day. Skated some parks on the way, the boys killed it, I filmed a whole bunch. Anyway, made it to Boise, checked into our BALLIN' hotel, and then went to this bar type place that was almost like a club, we then ate on red bulls expense. Went home, went skating with bjorn at the park which was a block away from our hotel. This park was kind of fun, was open 24/7. We met some interesting bums, and then a kid who I thought looked like sierra fellers, so I named him little sierra. Went to the hotel, went to bed, blamoooo.

Saturday:

Woke up, skated to the place where the event would be, filmed setup, etc, then skated around downtown looking for a place to dine. Found one, ate, went back to the event, drank lots of red bull etc. Quallifying round started, everyone KILLED it even little sierra. We then had a couple hour break til the main event, went to this tranny park, filmed, walked all the way back with my gear cuz of a mix up, then got shit started again. The next round was for five spots in the finals. I swear I have never seen so many tricks go down. Sometimes as much as twelve in a row. back blunt back smith kf back fifty nollie smith, etc all in a row, and the list went on. This round ended, and I kept filming.

Filmed the finals, where this one little kid KILLED it, and in the end, this guy who salad grinded el toro won. He was SO amazing. All in all It was an amazing contest.

Went to the hotel, couldnt get into the afterparty, chris called me later and said he had a bracelet for me. I walked all the way down and realized my phone was in the room, so I had no way of getting my bracelet. I then went to the park and skated in stead, and then went to bed.


Sunday:

Woke up, filmed with like five locals, who threw down. Was a fun group, and then left and got home.

The trip was awesome, so many stories, I just hate typing.


So trust me.




I missed everyone....


Robin, Guggey, Cassy, you know, all the local peeps. ha.

No comments: