Friday, August 15, 2008

My recent addiction to pop culture.

-So before coming to Bozeman I have never had cable TV. MTV (although I have watched it a lot before) is almost completely new for me. Now let me tell you, at our house, 24/7 MTV Jams is on. Even after only a few weeks of this "pop culture" education, I feel like I have a good grasp on what it means to be a hip hop artist. First, you must have a name. Something that reps who you are. If you look young maybe throw a young in front of it, or if you are fat, well throw a fat in front of it. Whats more, you must rap about pointless things such as fake wealth, and keeping your ho's in good working condition. Also, it is necessary to show plenty of rental jewelry, and paid models thrusting themselves upon you. Nick put it best, rap videos are just insane because you get to see all these people just doing rediculous things. One of my favorites is one of little wayne's songs. In the beginning he talks about how all these bad things are happening in the world, and then goes on to explain how we can fix these things. His solution to economic hard times, hunger, and racism: "if you've got money and you know it, take it out yo' pocket, show it, and throw it." Wow, what wisdom. Why didn't you become a financial advisor lil wayne? or better yet, an economist. I think I'll start by taking the tips I made today out of my pocket, and showing them, and proudly throwing them. That will sure stop global warming. Ha, well thats my rant. Casey left, been filming lots, you know how it goes. Nick leaves soon, cant believe he didnt even own cum dumpster...

No comments: