Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Batman to Coast Guard

So I saw the new batman movie last night. Sam and I drove to fucking saint michael to see it at the IMAX and it was sold out and the one we got tickets to was not an IMAX. Saint Michael is like a half hour freeway drive from my house. But i was pleasntly surprised when we went to get the Magic Combo (2 Large, refilliable pops, and a large pop corn) from the consession stand which was 10.25 and we were like we have to do it. I mean I needed Pop and Popcorn right then and there. So I go up to the girl and order the magic combo and it was only 5.25 or something around that price. I was thrilled, made the entire drive worth it. Only 2.50 a person wow what an awesome deal. Anyway this theatre was one of the nicest theatres ive ever been to. It was like walking into an amusment park. There was a windmill and ladders and a whole bunch of Hollywood sets in the lobby. They sold beer and wine at the theatre aslo and on fridays it was like half price drinks. So we get in and the seats were like lazy boys. Not quite as plush but enough support for the back and enough recline to fall asleep. The movie was excellent. But it made me wish for the classic batman, Adam West. I thought they could have used adam west. He was the greatest. I was waiting for batman to say, BAT MAN TO COAST GUARD, BATMAN TO COAST GUARD, during the final scene. Oh it would have made my summer if that line was in the movie. The orginal Batman movie is one of America's treasures. In my opinion the best batman themed movie ever. As for The Dark Knight, it was probabally the best movie Ive been to this summer but I was never that stoaked on going to it in the first place. I'm more excited to see Step Brothers.

Alex

No comments: