Tuesday, June 22, 2010

GSD In Minneapolis

So in spirit of GSD write ups on the Budda Kreamas Blog I will tell you my experience of Go Skateboard Riding Day. So I met up with young Nathan Cameron at my old high school and headed towards Minneapolis. I stopped at the 3rd lair to say hi to some old co workers, promply took out a kid and skated the boomerang. Headed to Henklers to watch some n00b pwnage and head to Familia. On the way to Famillia we cranked the heat all the way up and got it up to a balmy 95. At Famillia there were hundreds of kids waiting to take it to the streets. Headed towards downtown via road. There pack took over traffic and didnt stop at red lights. The group stopped at some spots and Henkler gave out some bucks for bangers. Skating down the streets blocking traffic and having security and cops not able to do much is pretty darn cool. Headed towards a Chinese food place and feasted. We went to the liquor store and tried to buy Bud Ice but they were fresh out, so I had to settle for 312. Drank a beer on the porch at Kyles and then went for a small sesh at the Hiawatha Bowl. Overall an awesome go skate day.

No comments: