Thursday, September 10, 2009

Skateboarding... oh yes

Fletcher came over tonight and looked at pug and boxer photos, and it just so happens he brought a six pack of Colt 45. Dog photos aside, we talked about life, and mostly how amazing skateboarding is. It is crazy to think that every skater is different. Every skater has a unique style. Without any name on the screen, it wouldnt be hard to spot Mike Carroll, Tony T, Baca, or Jamie Thomas. Every single skateboarder out there has, or will, develop a unique style. Its apparant in the Kreamaz. Bjorn has a very distinct style, one very different from Fletcher, who has a very different one from Will, yet each style is unique and each one is personal. We also came to the conclusion that rollerblading is not as impressive. With skateboarding, you are manipulating an object completely independent of yourself. That is why all bladers look the same when they do their tricks, their shit is attached to their feet and every grind by any person looks pretty much the same.

Anyway, its no wonder that skateboarding has infatuated our lives so much. I hope that I can skate for as long as I live, and I hope that I can pass it down to my children someday, along with my collection of LEGOs.

(we also discussed how sick Google maps is, along with hallucinogenic drugs and sports illustrated. The New Orleans Saints have driven me to tears before... has a sports team done the same for you? Also, how sick was Vegas?)

I have Billiards class in seven and a half hours.

No comments: